- Bộ Luật Tố tụng dân sự Việt Nam 2015, tiếng Anh - Code of Civil Procedure: TẠI ĐÂY
- Toàn văn Bộ Luật dân sự 2015 Tiếng Anh - The Civil Code Law 2015: TẠI ĐÂY
THE NATIONAL ASSEMBLY
SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIETNAM
Independence – Freedom - Happiness
Hanoi, November 25th, 2015
OF CIVIL PROCEDURE
OF CIVIL PROCEDURE
Pursuant to the Constitution of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam;
TASK AND EFFECT OF THE CIVIL PROCEDURE CODE
Article 1. Regulation scope and task of the Civil Procedure Code
The Civil Procedure Code provides for the basic principles in civil proceedings; the order and procedures for initiating lawsuits at People’s Court (hereinafter referred to as Courts) to settle cases of civil, marriage and family, business, trade and labor (hereinafter referred to as civil lawsuits) and order and procedures to request the Court to settle matters regarding civil, marriage, family, business, trade, labor (hereinafter referred to as civil matters); order and procedures for settlement of civil lawsuits and civil matters (hereinafter referred to as civil cases) at Courts; procedures for recognition and enforcement in Vietnam civil judgments/decisions of foreign Courts, award of foreign arbitrators; enforcement of civil judgments; tasks, entitlements and responsibilities of proceeding authorities/officers; rights and obligations of participants in procedures, of individuals, of regulatory agencies, people’s armed units, economic organizations, political organizations, socio-political organizations, political – social – professional organizations, social organizations, social – professional organizations (hereinafter referred to as agencies and organizations) that are relevant to ensure that the resolution of civil cases is carried out quickly, accurately, truthfully and lawfully.
The Civil Procedure Code contributes to the protection of the justice, of human’s rights, civil rights, protection of socialist regime, of the interests of the State, legitimate rights and interests of agencies, organizations and individuals; educates people to strictly abide by law.
Article 2. Regulated entities and effect of the Civil Procedure Code
1. The Civil Procedure Code applies to all civil proceedings throughout the territory of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam, including mainland, offshore island, territorial waters and airspace.
2. The Civil Procedure Code applies to all civil proceedings conducted by consular offices of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam in foreign countries.
3. The Civil Procedure Code applies to the settlement of civil cases involving foreign element(s); where the international treaties to which the Socialist Republic of Vietnam is a signatory provide otherwise, the provisions of such international treaties shall apply.
4. For foreign individuals, agencies and organizations that enjoy diplomatic privileges and immunities or consular privileges and immunities under Vietnamese laws, international treaties to which the Socialist Republic of Vietnam is a signatory, the civil cases related to such individuals, agencies and/or organizations shall be settled through the diplomatic channel.